Pancard Reprint Correction - DOs and DONTs
Important information for persons making application for a new PAN card / corrections (Request for Reprint of PAN Card or/ And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data)
- Do use 'Form 49A' for reprint of PAN card or for making changes/correction in PAN data..
- Do fill the application in block letters in English and preferably with black ink.
- Do paste a recent colour photograph (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm).
- Do provide the signature within the box.
- Do mention correct PAN.
- If thumb impression is put on the application form, do get the thumb impression attested by Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
- Do attach Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of birth (PODB - applicable for Individuals & Karta of HUF) as per Rule 114 (4) of Income Tax Rules, 1962.
- Do make sure that, the Name mentioned in application matches exactly with name mentioned in POI, POA and PODB.
- Do tick the column where change is required.
- Do provide proof to support the requested change.
- Do write the complete postal address in the application with landmark.
- Do mention correct pin code in the address field.
- Do mention telephone number / e- mail id in the application.
- Do attach proof of PAN (copy of PAN card or PAN allotment letter issued by Income Tax Department, if any.) with the application.
- Do not overwrite or make corrections by canceling any data in the application.
- Do not pin or staple the photograph.
- Do not sign across the box (i.e. signature should not be spread outside the box).
- Do not provide POI, POA and PODB which are not in the name of applicant.
- Do not write any details (date, designation, rank, etc.) along with the signature in the box.
- Do not mention Husband's name in the Father's Name column.
- Do not use initials in first and last name field.